Desktop-as-a-Service vs. Traditional Desktops
Employees need a workstation where they have all the software tools they need to be productive. The problem is that manually installing, supporting, and maintaining this software across multiple desktop workspaces, in multiple configurations, is extremely time consuming. There can be conflicts between apps, important checks can be missed, and that can leave your computers and data vulnerable. Utilizing DaaS provides security, scalability needs as your workforce grows, burst capacity, and productivity through remote work as employees will be able to access their full desktop from any machine.
Common DaaS Applications
Provide a complete virtual workspace from the cloud, and give your employees the workstation they need. Employee computers will typically have several software applications and systems they need to work, including:
- An operating system like Windows 7, 8, or 10.
- An office suite, normally MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- A browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- Security software like firewalls, backup, and antivirus.
- Communication tools like Skype and instant messaging.
- Specialist software like creative apps, analysis software, or other job specific tools.
- Infrastructure software like drivers, file explorers, and accessories.
The Benefits of DaaS
Simplify the management of all desktops
Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) lets you unify all of your desktop workspaces, decide what apps need to be installed, and distributes them to your users automatically, wherever they log in. This means:
- Onepath provides access to the exact applications users need, wherever they are, from any computer.
- You decide exactly what apps, access, and security settings each user gets.
- Patches, upgrades, and configuration changes only need to be made and tested once, then they’ll automatically be rolled out to everyone’s systems next time they log in.
- Data storage, files, and access travel with the user.
- There’s no need for any manual installs, saving your IT department enormous time and effort.
Data protection and security are critical, DaaS makes that much easier.
- Patches and upgrades only need to be installed in the cloud environment and they’ll be rolled out to everyone.
- You can control access to data, files, and settings for every job role, so employees only have access to what they need.
- Antivirus and firewall definitions can be rapidly updated to keep your business safe.
Make your employees more productive
Every business wants to get the most out of their employees. DaaS means they get access to their workspace wherever they are, and their customization and configuration settings will travel with them.
- Employees don’t have to learn a new way of working every time they use a different machine, saving time and effort.
- Remote working and hot desking are much easier — All apps and data are available all the time, anywhere.
- Employees can request access to specialist software and tools and these can easily be added to individual profiles.
Save time and money in IT
Much of what your IT department does is administration. DaaS significantly cuts down on these tasks, letting IT add value elsewhere.
- Everything is installed from the cloud, meaning a desktop workspace only needs to be tested once to make sure it works.
- Your service desk has fewer configuration issues to deal with, due to a standardized software suite and workspace. Troubleshooting just got much easier.
Our Approach as Your DaaS Partner
Expertise, tools, technology, and capability to get you up and running on DaaS quickly.
Full accountability, “no excuses” approach.
With you every step of the way, from concept through to completion.